Click for the latest issue
Simulation Exchange newsletter is a product of the VHA SimLEARN National Simulation Center.
About the NSC
About the VHA SimLEARN National Simulation Center
This provides a detailed overview presentation of SimLEARN.
The Simulation Learning, Education and Research Network (SimLEARN) is the VHA's program for simulation in health care training. Serving the largest integrated health care system in the world, VHA's SimLEARN provides an ever-growing body of curricula and best practices that improve health care for our nation's Veterans. The use of innovative technologies in a safe learning environment enhances diagnostic, procedural and communication skills to support quality care and the best possible outcomes.
Training Courses Available for First Quarter of FY 2020
By Gerald Sonnenberg
EES Marketing and Communication
ORLANDO, Fla. – The list of courses offered at the VHA SimLEARN National Simulation Center for the first quarter is below. For more information, check availability, or to enroll in the courses, please refer to the course catalog.The following courses are scheduled to take place through December 2019:
- Musculoskeletal Training (MSK) Dec. 3
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) Dec. 3
- Simulation, Technology, Operations, Maintenance and Practices (STOMP) Nov. 13
- Introduction to Clinical Simulation (ICS) Oct. 29
- Point of Care Ultra Sound (POCUS) Nov. 5
- Fundamentals of Critical Care Support (FCCS) Nov. 13
- Simulations for Clinical Excellence in Nursing Services (SCENS) Nov. 13 & Dec. 9
- SimLEARN Faculty Instructor Course (SFIC) Dec. 17
- Maintenance of Certification of Anesthesia (MOCA) Nov. 22 & Dec. 13
- Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Course (PICC) Dec. 17 & 19
If you have questions, please contact EES SimLEARN NSC Support EESSimLEARNNSCSupport@va.gov.
For more information about the SimLEARN program, please visit the SimLEARN website.
Follow These Helpful Steps for Simulation Course Sign Up
By Diana Sarmiento
SimLEARN Lead Education Technician
ORLANDO, Fla. – The Simulation Learning, Education and Research Network’s (SimLEARN) vision is to improve Veteran health care outcomes by establishing VHA as a global leader in health care simulation-based training and research. To accomplish this, SimLEARN offers a variety of courses to health care professionals at the VHA SimLEARN National Simulation Center (NSC) that offer opportunities for VA staff to improve their skills and, more importantly, improve the care provided to our Veterans.
For the rest of the story, click here.